Monday, November 22, 2010

Inspiration from a quote about Prayer by Meister Eckhart

“If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
Meister Eckhart. Eckhart von Hochheim O.P. (c. 1260 – c. 1327), commonly known as Meister Eckhart, was a German theologian, philosopher and mystic, born near Gotha, in Thuringia. Meister is German for "Master", referring to the academic title Magister in theologia he obtained in Paris.

I feel inspired by the quote of Meister Eckhart preceding Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 2010. In a practical way, I made a decision the weekend of November 19-21, 2010, to visit Grand Rapids, Michigan to attend church, attend the fall Toastmasters District 62 Conference, and visit the Woodland Mall Apple Store. The following is my list of practical “thank you”:
  1. Thank you for the Eckhart quote from Unity Church of Peace in Ada, Michigan, and Rev. Jim Ashby.
  2. Thank you to Cindy Pavella, Region 6 Marketing Advisor, and my mentor in Toastmasters International for over ten years.
  3. Thank you to all of the patient and resourceful technical assistants at the Woodland Mall Apple Store. Our new I-phones are a joy to use.
  4. Thank you to all the kind people at the Staybridge Hotel near
    28th Street
    .

Truly, the weekend, the people, the church service have all contributed to the enrichment of life:  my life. I am grateful for everyone and I feel blessed.

In a practical way I give thanks. Who will you be thankful for this Thanksgiving?

“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”-
1 Thessalonians 5:18.

No comments:

Post a Comment